About the Program
Our “Walk with Me” Mentorship Program coordinates one-on-one mentorship matches between volunteer adult mentors and youth mentees in Camden and Gloucester counties.
We are currently seeking mentors and mentees for the program.
Program Mission and Vision
Our Mentorship Program facilitates the formation and growth of safe, constructive, and meaningful relationships between youth at-risk of juvenile delinquency— with an emphasis on youth affected by substance abuse— and carefully-matched volunteer adult Mentor that positively impact the youths’ present and future well-being. The mentoring experience is a healthy and trusting interaction that exposes the Mentee to beneficial life experiences, care, support, and a lasting influence in their lives.
Our vision is for each mentor and mentee to form a genuine, influential friendship with each other that increases Developmental Assets in the mentee’s life and empowers them to overcome the “at-risk” factors that threaten their present and future well-being.
Included in the Program
- Fulfilling experience caring for a young person
- Positive adult friendships
- Ongoing training and assistance planning activities and working with the youth mentee
- Demonstrated work-related experience and social responsibility
- Exposure to new regional sites, events, and people
- Engagement in various fun and learning activities
- Opportunity to practice and develop social skills and personal talents
- Assistance to youth and their families in obtaining other social services as needed
- Male youth between the ages 9-17
- Reside in Camden or Gloucester Counties
- Are at risk for substance abuse
- Are of any ethnic, religious, or economic background
Youth may be referred by their families, faith community, social service agencies, community mental health centers, hospitals, court systems, and/or school systems by submitting a Youth Mentee Referral Form to Catholic Charities Mentorship Program or by contacting program staff directly.
Any male 18 years of age or older, of any ethnic, religious, or economic background, who is interested in making a positive impact on a child’s life and is determined to be safe, responsible, and committed after passing through our intensive screening process.
View or download our Walk With Me Mentorship program brochures: