The 2019 Disciples of Mercy nominations are now closed.
Thank you to all who submitted a nomination. Those who were nominated but not selected for 2019 will be considered for awards next year during the 2020 Justice for All Awards Dinner. We will be announcing the awardees in the coming weeks.
Begun in 2015 during the Jubilee Year of Mercy, the Disciples of Mercy Awards recognize one individual or small ministry group per deanery who exemplifies mercy by reaching out to those who are poor and vulnerable. They will be presented alongside our honorees at the Justice For All Awards Dinner on Thursday, October 3, which annually benefits the work of Catholic Charities in the Diocese of Camden. Learn more about the dinner and the main honoree here.
We are inviting all parishioners in the diocese to nominate an individual or small group from your respective parishes who are involved in the ministry of mercy, whether through a parish-specific project or in collaboration with a local, national, or global social service/humanitarian agency.
When considering nominees for the Disciples of Mercy Awards, please keep these award criteria in mind:
- Active members of the parish community who are NOT employed by the parish or diocese
- Engaged in a bold, creative, effective ministry rooted in the mercy of Jesus Christ that includes personal contact with those who are poor and vulnerable
- Inspires other parishioners to get involved in the ministry
- Sees and respects the God-given dignity of every human person, treating those they serve as equal brothers and sisters
- Has shown a long-term commitment to accompanying those who are poor and vulnerable through their ministry
Please enter all information and attach supporting documentation as needed.