Catholic Charities’ Behavioral Healthcare Services ministers to those who may have exhausted their personal resources to overcome barriers to personal happiness, by providing them professional, spiritually-competent, strength-based, systems-oriented psychotherapy, supportive services, and opportunities for personal growth, healing, and reconciliation.
In keeping with Catholic Social Teaching, these services are designed to enhance clients’ ability to make thoughtful, responsible choices that positively impact themselves, their families, their communities, and the larger society.
Our Counseling Services Department currently offers the following programs:
– Individual Counseling
– Couples Counseling
– Family Counseling
Our goal is to ensure that our behavioral health services are accessible and affordable for all clients. Program fees will depend upon several factors, including health insurance, a client’s annual income, and several other factors detailed below.
*Please note that we only accept cash or money orders, and we do not accept credit cards for any payments.*
If you do not have health insurance:
- You may be offered a self-pay fee that will be based upon annual income and the number of your household dependents. These fees will be calculated through a sliding scale ($1.25 per $1,000 of the client’s annual income). If you have dependents, this fee may be reduced.
- The minimum fee of the initial evaluation is $35, and the minimum fee of each session is $25.
- If you are unable to pay the fee based upon the sliding scale, you may qualify for certain grants / financial assistance by way of:
– VCCO [Victims of Crime Compensation Office] funds (for those who are the direct or secondary victim of a crime in New Jersey and have filed a police report)
– The Joan McKenna Endowment (for victims of sexual or criminal violence in or around Camden county who do not have health insurance that would cover counseling and do not qualify for any other source of assistance)
– The Justice for All funds (for those whose income is at or below 150% of poverty guidelines and does not qualify for any other assistance)
If you do not have health insurance, including Medicaid:
- You will be responsible for the full fee ($150 for the initial evaluation and $100 for each session). This reflects our belief that clients who have the ability to pay will do so in order to help make services more accessible to those with less means.
- If your insurance provider is out-of-network, you must know your out-of-network deductibles.