Number of households assisted to date: 166
Number of individuals assisted to date: 352
– 72% of the 166 households assisted needed housing assistance.
– Case managers contacted landlords to advocate for cancellation of eviction court date. Provided financial assistance to avoid removal from housing.
– 62% success rate in keeping clients in current housing –For example, if a landlord was not willing to cancel scheduled eviction court date a security deposit was provided for the clients to relocate to alternative housing.
– 90% of the 166 households needed assistance with utilities.
– Case managers contacted utilities vendors to discuss alternatives to avoid disconnection of services. Assisted clients with applying for NJ State grant programs for financial assistance with utilities. In addition, provided clients financial assistance after all other options were exhausted.
– 83% success rate with clients avoiding disconnection of services.
– By the time clients are in need of Catholic Charities services many of them are experiencing financial hardship. 100% of our clients are referred to a financial literacy workshop.
– Clients that participate in the workshops are offered financial counseling to learn techniques and skills to help them manage financial hardships.
Job Skills Training/ Job Placement
– During the intake process case managers are able to determine clients’ employment profile and employability prospect. Clients are then referred to the Atlantic County Office of Workforce Development for assistance.
– Catholic Charities’ collaboration with the Atlantic County Office of Workforce Development has been extremely successful. 89% of clients were able to find part-time employment which helped them stabilize their finances until a full-time position is available; 18% of clients were able to obtain full-time employment.
– Clients also have access to job skills training programs. These programs help clients develop new skills to transition into an alternative workforce industry. Interview techniques and resume writing are also available.